The active ingredient in KEDI Qinghao is Artemisinin; the extraction of Artemisia annuna.
Professor Youyou Tu was awarded a Nobel Laureate Prize in 2015 for her discoveries concerning a novel therapy against malaria. She revolutionized how malaria is fought through the extraction of Artemisinin from the nature’s best botanical, Artemisia annua by applying ancient techniques from Traditional Chinese Medicine through isolation and purification of Artemisinin from the plant. Artemisinin, however, fights the ultra-structure of the parasites in the erythrocytes phase and thus leading to their termination in the body cells. The parasites die rapidly due to loss of nutrition and cytoplasm and this happens through the production of peroxide bridge mediated by the free ferrous ions produced by Artemisinin.
- 8 capsules per pack
- Treatment of all forms of malaria, especially those caused by Plasmodium falciparum malaria and multi-drug resistant malaria
- Dihydroartemisinin 40mg
- Piperaquine phosphate 320mg
The oral dose should be taken with water. Total course for adults comprises 8 capsules. Dose for children should be reduced according to age. See below table: (unit: capsule)
|≥16 YEARS||2 CAPSULES||2 CAPSULES||2 CAPSULES||2 CAPSULES|
|7-15 YEARS||1 CAPSULE||1 CAPSULE||1 CAPSULE||1 CAPSULE|
- This drug has no effect on abatement of fever.
- Patients with hepatorenal function disorder should use with caution.
- Please administer strictly to the dosage, if symptoms persist, please consult your physician.
- Piperaquine phosphate has a long half life, please do not repeat doses in half month.
- Dihydroartemisinin is not recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy unless the balance between safety and risk has been evaluated by doctors.
Patients with the following condition are strongly advised NOT to take this product:
- Allergic to any composition of this drug.
- Pregnant women.
- Severe hepatic and renal disease, hemopathy (leucopenia, thrombocytopenia) patients
The adverse reaction caused by QINGHAO is less, mainly caused by Piperaquine phosphate. See below:
- Digestion reaction: nausea,vomit, loss of appetite, stomachache, diarrhea etc.
- Nervous system: dizziness, headache, hearing loss, insomnia etc.
- Allergy: skin itching, rash etc.
- Laboratory test abnormal: the transient of peripheral erythrocytes decrease, transient of SGPT and SGOT increase, serum creatinine level rise etc.
SYMPTOMS OF OVERDOSE AND ANTIDOTE
In the event of over dosage, gastric lavage should be induced by using bitter salt and symptoms treated symptomatically
Preserve in well-closed, light resistant containers.
Store in a cool dry place below 30℃.
Keep out of reach of children.